No products in the cart.
Picking the best under sink water filter
I think you’ll agree with me when I say, it’s overwhelming to figure out what truly is the best under sink water filter out there. (I mean, there’s so many brands, functions, performance parameters…how do you pick the best under sink water filter?!)
Or is it?
Well, it turns out when you know the differences between the types of systems available, you can easily identify what is the best under sink water filter for your needs.
So in today’s post I’m going to walk you through the basics of under sink water filter technology and reveal our pick for the best under sink water filter.
Under sink water filter basics
An under sink water filter provides clean, safe water straight from your kitchen faucet. Under sink water filtration systems remove toxins and contaminants including chlorine, bacteria, organic contaminants, sediment, and more.
An under sink water filter can be easily installed under a sink (as their name would suggest) and connected to a drinking water faucet.
Under sink water filter technology available
Let’s separate under sink water filtration systems in to two categories: reverse osmosis and, well, not reverse osmosis.
Reverse Osmosis Under Sink Water Filter
Reverse osmosis essentially filters out nearly everything resulting pure, great tasting water. (Read more about reverse osmosis here: Simple Overview of Reverse Osmosis Water Purification & RO Water). Sounds good so far, right?
Well, one potential drawback to consider is that reverse osmosis water may be so pure all healthful the minerals may be removed as well. Also, some reverse osmosis systems can waste a lot of water. (Read How much water does reverse osmosis waste?).
Zero waste reverse osmosis alternative – Membrane Water Purification Under Sink Water Filter
This technology is more efficient than outdated reverse osmosis & Ultra Violet systems producing zero waste water. The membrane water filtration process also preserves healthful minerals.
Another alternative to reverse osmosis – Water on Water Under Sink Filter
The latest and greatest in reverse osmosis technology. The water on water technology alternative to reverse osmosis uses 500% less water waste and takes up about a third less space compared to conventional reverse osmosis systems.
Our pick for the best under sink water filter is…
It’s a tie.
Key benefits of the PS-PURUF:
- Zero waste water. A reverse osmosis system may waste 3 – 25 gallons of water to produce one gallon of RO water.
- No storage tank required which means no bacteria growth and significantly less space taken up under your sink.
- No noisy pump.
- Works well at low water pressure making it a great product for Mexico.
- Preserves valuable minerals.
- The PS-PURUF’s patented 0.02 submicron membrane reduces dissolved solids, bacteria, cysts, viruses, silt, colloids, silica, clay, iron, and sand.
- It also feature two high performance 0.50 submicron carbon filters that reduce volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), chlorine, chloramines, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, lead, trihalomethanes (THMs), methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), and more.
- Faucet and installation hardware included. Easy plug-in installation if replacing an existing reverse osmosis system
- Change the water filters quickly, easily, and only once per year.
Pick #1 (again)
Key benefits of PS-WOWRO
- Third less space than a conventional under sink reverse osmosis system.
- 500% less reject water because peak efficiency is achieved 24/7.
- Constant pressure delivered all the time.
- Easy to install and service.
- Convenient, sanitary quick-change filters.
- Produces water 50% faster than conventional reverse osmosis systems.