No products in the cart.
The 2020 holiday gift season is upon us. (Where has this year gone, right?!). I don’t know about you but my email box is filled with “Sale starts NOW” sort of emails; Amazon has so many deal it’s mind-boggling scrolling through them all; and television / newspaper / radio ads are all promoting the sales. I absolutely love a good sale, but with so many promotions it makes it more difficult to pick out what is actually a good gift for my loved ones, opposed to what these sales are highlighting and trying to get me to buy.
A water filter is a not-so-obvious gift that will keep you healthy and boosts well-being. If you don’t have a water filter, I would highly recommend purchasing one for yourself. And water filters also make a great gift for other people too.
There’s many different types of water filters and purifiers for residential use including:
- Water filter pitcher – this is probably one of the most common types of water filters, dues to its low cost and portability
- Faucet water filter
- Countertop water filter
- Under sink water filter
- Whole house water filter system
Regardless the type of water filter, the most important aspect is obviously the quality of the water filter. Not all water filters are the same. When purchasing a water filtration system, you should consider a few things:
- What does the water filter remove? Again, not all water filters are created equal and simply having a water filter does not guarantee it removes everything. For example, many water filters (including water filter pitchers) do not remove bacteria. Gross. Always check what the water filter removes.
- Micron rating – the smaller the micron rating the better. Micron rating is how small of particles the filter will remove. So a 1 micron filter is better than a 5 micron filter because it removes more contaminants (and smaller contaminants).
- Replacement filters – To keep your water filter system working at its best and continuing to deliver clean, healthy water, the water filters in it must be replaced. Some filters need to be replaced more frequently than others so bear this in mind.
Bearing these things in mind, I’ve put together a list of the best water filter systems for December 2019 that are of the highest quality on the market, yet are affordable.
Top Gift Ideas
The Premiere Zero Waste Ultrafiltration System (PS-PURUF) is 100% efficient, as no water is lost to drain in the production of the filtered water. It’s superior to other zero waste reverse osmosis systems because it preserves healthful minerals, and there is no storage tank which means it’s more compact and there is no bacteria growth in the system. Enjoy clean, pure, delicious tasting water on demand with an outstanding flow rate of up to 1.5 gallons per minute. Most RO systems do not remove bacteria; the PS-PURUF removes over 99.9% of bacteria including cysts, viruses, giardia, and cryptosporidium. The PS-PURUF is truly the best water purification system on the market for drinking water.
Benefits of ultrafiltration:
- No chemicals required
- Environmentally friendly technology
- Constant product quality no matter the feed quality
- Exceeds regulatory standards of water quality- has over 99.9% bacteria and pathogen removal
- A membrane filter lasts much longer than a conventional filter (years versus months)
|Contaminant Removal|| |
Bacteria, cysts, viruses, silt, colloids, silica, clay, iron, sand,
volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), chlorine, chloramines, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, lead, trihalomethanes (THMs), methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), dissolved solids, and more.
|Replacement Filters||Change once per year, $88|