No products in the cart.
- Lead in Pittsburgh Water
- Dangers of Lead in Drinking Water
- Protecting Against Lead in Water
- Water Filtration Systems and Water Filters to Lead in Drinking Water
Lead in Pittsburgh Water: 1 in 4 Homes Affected
The safety of drinking tap water is an issue that all of us can’t ignore. With the growing worries regarding contaminants like chlorine and lead in water, customers all around the globe are now searching for more solutions to minimize the quantity of those contaminants such as lead in drinking water. Chlorine is a material utilized to purify water in treatment plants, while lead is a residue the fact that may collect with time in water pipes and taint the water we drink everyday. With elevated lead in Pittsburgh water, the Allegheny County Controller is demanding that leaders take action to address this “public health crisis.” The problem? “Lead is leaching through the lines of one in four homes that are serviced by the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority,” Chelsa Wagner (the Allegheny County Controller) said. “Water filters are a good first step..”
Read more about the situation here from local news: Lead in Pittsburgh water ‘public health crisis,’ controller says
Dangers of Lead in Drinking Water
Lead is toxic even at low levels we must also be aware the fact that some of us are more vulnerable to lead poisoning than others. Pregnant females and kids should be careful not to drink lead contaminated water because they’re more at risk than regular, healthful individuals. With this in mind, it is important to know exactly what scenarios could cause high degrees of lead in water from your taps. In case the faucets around your home are made of lead, then it’s advisable to replace them with a lead-free faucet. You could try to flush out the lead before consuming the water from the faucet but why risk it.
Protecting Against Lead in Water
Water passing through lead pipes might contain lead. If you are new to a neighbourhood, the first thing you must do is to figure out if your new home has lead pipes installed. If this is the case, you should replace old, rusty pipes with new ones, or you need to take steps to flush out the water from your own pipes completely before utilizing the water for cleaning or drinking. This is especially important if you want to travel and you let your drinking tap water remain stagnant inside lead pipes for greater than a few days. The old proverb regarding letting water flow for just one instant has a foundation, and this has anything to do with lead content in your drinking tap water. Stagnant water might contain more lead than free flowing water.
An essential fact about lead contamination you should know about is the fact that lead in water, especially in your drinking water, may originate from the pipe system in your very own home, and not always from the municipality water supply.
Water Filtration Systems and Water Filters to Treat Lead in Pittsburgh Water (and lead in drinking Water no matter where you live)
- Zero Waste Reverse Osmosis Alternative | Membrane Water Purification System Preserves Healthful Minerals
- Under Sink Reverse Osmosis Alternative – Water on Water Technology Alternative to Reverse Osmosis System
- Everpure H-300 Cartridge, Everpure H-104 – 2,500 Gallon Capacity Water Filter Cartridge with Stainless Steel Canister
- Everpure H-300 Filter Cartridge, H-104 Compatible Replacement Everpure Water Filter Cartridge
Latest posts by Whitney (see all)
- How to Get Rid of Algae in Drinking Water (Including How to Prevent Green Algae Bacteria in Filtered Water Pitchers) - May 26, 2020
- 5 Best Bacteria Water Filters in 2020 and Why They’re Worth Buying! | Do Water Filters Remove Bacteria and Viruses? - May 19, 2020
- Bag Filter Water Treatment: What Are Bag Water Filters? - May 12, 2020