3 GPM Whole House Water Filter System Includes 10″ Housing and 5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter
The AMF-34C whole house water filter system is easily installed and comes complete with housing, coconut shell carbon block cartridge, bracket, and wrench. It’s ideal for a small home providing a flow rate of 3 gallons per minute. This system absorbs harmful contaminants and improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. A carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter). The included 5 micron cartridge is a high performance 100% coconut shell carbon block filter with up to one year filter life
AMF-34C Whole House Water Filter System Benefits and Features:
- Complete water filter system includes 10″ housing, coconut shell carbon block cartridge (AMF-CBC5), bracket, and wrench
- The included AMF-CBC5 water filter cartridge removes sediment, chlorine, offensive tastes and odors, rust, and particulates. It has more contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- 100% coconut shell carbon block (NSF certified)
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is eco-friendly
- Made in USA
- High performance cartridge has flow rate of 3 gallons per minute, and up to one year cartridge life
- Sturdier filter housing than others on the market — constructed with 15% more material!
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in 5 micron coconut shell carbon block cartridge
- Built in pressure release valve (PRV), to release pressure before changing filters
- NSF® tested and certified – NSF International, one of the most respected independent certification organizations, rigorously tests products to comply with all standard requirements. Tested to NSF standard 42. Standard 42 certifies the reduction of aesthetic and non-health related contaminants such as chlorine, taste, odor, and particulates that may be present in public or private drinking water
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters absorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. Meaning that a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The AMF-CBC5 is a solid carbon block filter.
AMF-34C Whole House Water Filter System Specifications:
- Flow rate: 3 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Filter capacity: Up to one year
- Pipe connections: 3/4″ FPT (female pipe thread)
- Size: 14″ H X 5.5″ D
- 5 year warranty on housing
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.