High output deionized water filter system produces pure water for the spotless washing of cars, RVs, boats, motorcycles, windows, solar panels, and more.
The Premiere BG-20DI deionized water filter system provides 3,555 total grains filter capacity (see table below for gallon estimates based on your water hardness). This deionized water filter system removes minerals and produces pure water so that there is nothing left behind when it evaporates – enjoy a spotless finish! The included DI water filter cartridge contains high capacity media that’s NSF certified. The cartridge is reusable and can easily be refilled with resin.
What is deionized water?
Deionized water, also known as demineralized water, is free from all mineral ions (i.e., sodium, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, chloride, and sulfate). During the deionization process, water passes through an ion exchange resin to remove all minerals ions. The resulting water has no ions and no electrical charge – it’s basically neutral. It’s similar to distilled water, with the advantage that the process is quicker and does not build up scale.
What causes water spots?
Water spots are caused by the minerals that are left behind when “dirty” water evaporates. A deionization water filter such as the BG-20DI removes all of these minerals to produce spot-free water for food service applications, and the washing of cars, RVs, boats, yachts, motorcycles, windows, solar panels, and more.
BG-20DI Deionized Water Filter System Features and Benefits
- Deionized water filter system removes minerals and ionic contaminants. Produces highly pure water that dries spot-free
- High output – enhanced filter life provides 3,555 total grains filter life. The number gallons of spot-free water produced will depend on the hardness of your water – please see the table below. This system outperforms the competition. For example, the CR Spotless DIC-20 only has a 300 gallon capacity.
- Heavy-duty water filter housings made from food grade plastic
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in water filter cartridge
- Built in pressure release valve (PRV) to release pressure before changing filters
- Complete spotless water system with a deionized water filter cartridge that contains premium quality, NSF certified high capacity resin for spot-free water
- High capacity media with oversized body for maximum media fill
- Reusable deionization cartridge is easily refilled with resin if you want to do it yourself. Or, here’s the replacement cartridges (BG-20DIRC) which easily slides into the watertight filter housings.
- Free TDS meter. We include a water purity meter so you can accurately measure the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) level in your water. This handy tool is ideal for testing system performance and to help determine whether it’s time to replace your filter.
- Enjoy spot-free water for washing cars, RVs, boats, yachts, motorcycles, windows, solar panels, and more
- Produces a no-spot rinse that eliminates the need for wiping
- 1″ connections allows for an outstanding flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute which is ideal for a spot-free finish
- This system is great for food service applications because it removes minerals that cause scale and corrosion. Combi steamer ovens, hot drinks vending machines, coffee machines, and ice making applications can benefit from the BG-20DI because it can reduce machine performance and downtime.
- Also works in a variety of other applications too such as medical, scientific, and other applications.
- Ideal system to lower the total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water and deliver spot-free water
- Includes water filter housing, deionized water filter cartridge (BG-20DIRC), water purity meter, and filter wrench
- Enjoy peace of mind with a 5 year warranty on the filter housing
BG-20DI Deionized Water Filter System Specifications
How many gallons of deionized water can I expect from the BG-20DI?
The approximate filter life (gallon capacity) will vary based on TDS (total dissolved solids) and the grains of hardness of your water supply. The included cartridges have a grain capacity of 3,555 grains. To determine how many gallons of deionized water these cartridges will provide, divide 3,555 by your grains of hardness per gallon (gpg).
Approximate Filter life = 3,555 ÷ grains of hardness of your water supply
For example, if you have hard water (10 gpg) the approximate filter life would be about 355 gallons. 3,555 ÷ 10 gpg = 355.5 gallons filter life
Hardness of Incoming Water (grains per gallon)
Filter Life of BG-20DI Cartridge
Moderate water (3.5 - 7.0 gpg)
Hard water (7.0 - 10.5 gpg)
Very hard water (over 10.5 gpg)
Note: Deionization does not significantly remove uncharged organic molecules, viruses, or bacteria except by incidental trapping in the resin. Therefore, depending on your application and water quality you should consider filtering your water for viruses and bacteria prior to the deionization process.
Looking for more filter capacity? Check out our BG-202DIFS which can handle double the total grains – it has a filter life of 7,110 total grains.