No products in the cart.
0.5 Micron Carbon Block Replacement Water Filter for Lead Removal
0.5 Micron carbon block water filter designed for chloramine, chlorine, lead, cyst and sediment removal. The AMF-CBCPB2 has a 2,000 gallon capacity and tremendous surface area that allows for the greatest use of the carbon’s absorptive properties. NSF® tested, made in USA.
2,000 Gallon Capacity 0.5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Water Filter for Lead Removal
The EPA estimates that 20 percent or more of human exposure to lead may come from lead in drinking water. The Premiere AMF-CBCPB2 coconut shell carbon block filter cartridge is a premium 10 inch carbon filter (9.75″) that removes harmful contaminants including lead, sub-micron matter, VOCs and cysts. It also improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. The AMF-CBCPB2 provides a flow rate of 2 gallons per minute and 2,000 gallon capacity. It is a fully compatible replacement for a Multipure water filter and will fit in standard filter housings made for 2.5″ x 9.75″ (also commonly called 2.5″ x 10″ or just 10″) replacement cartridges. Proudly made in USA and fully NSF® tested. Delivers unrivalled filtration performance and is the best water filter for lead removal.
Replacement Water Filter for Lead Removal (AMF-CBCPB2) Features:
- The ideal replacement water filter for lead removal. Also reduces parasites (cryptosporidium and giardia), cloudiness (turbidity), sediment, offensive taste and odor, chlorine, chloramine, THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), asbestos, and more
- 0.5 Micron nominal filtration
- High chemical adsorption capacity
- Tremendous surface area that allows for the greatest use of the carbon’s absorptive capacity. Higher surface area extends the life of the cartridge, lowering the need for frequent filter change
- Carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)
- Excellent for final polishing of drinking water
- Designed to be used in most standard-size housings
- Made in USA
- Tested to NSF/ANSI 42 and NSF/ANSI 53. NSF International, is one of the most respected independent certification organizations, which rigorously tests products to comply with all standard requirements. Standard 42 certifies the reduction of aesthetic and non-health related contaminants such as chlorine, taste, odor, and particulates that may be present in public or private drinking water. Standard 53 establishes the minimum requirements for the certification of POU/POE filtration systems designed to reduce specific health-related contaminants, such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) and MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether), that may be present in public or private drinking water.
- Filter capacity: 2,000 gallons
- Flow rate: 2 gallons per minute
- Size: 2.78″ D X 9.75″ L (standard size). The AMF-CBCPB2 will fit standard filter housings made for 2.5″ x 9.75″ (also commonly called 2.5″ x 10″ or just 10″) replacement cartridges
This replacement water filter for lead removal fits standard water filter housings for brands such as 3M Aqua Pure, Pentair Pentek (Ametek), Pentair American Plumber, GE®, Premiere, Sears®, Instapure or WaterPik, Watts Premier, and Whirlpool®
Why the AMF-CBCPB2 is a powerful water filter for lead removal…
The EPA estimates that 20 percent or more of human exposure to lead may come from lead in drinking water. One of the main sources of lead in drinking water is the corrosion of household plumbing systems. Lead enters the water (“leaches”) through contact with the plumbing. Lead can leach into water from pipes, solder, fixtures and faucets (brass), and fittings. Essentially a chemical reaction between water and your plumbing can cause lead to leach into your drinking water. The amount of lead in your water depends on a variety of factors such as the types and amounts of minerals in the water, how long the water stays in the pipes, the amount of wear in the pipes, and the water’s acidity and its temperature.
Normal activated carbon is not as effective as solid carbon block in removing lead. The AMF-CBCPB2 is a powerful coconut shell carbon block water filter for lead removal that provides exceptional filtration. It’s designed for chloramine, chlorine, lead, cyst and sediment removal.
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The AMF-CBCPB2 is a solid carbon block filter.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.