High flow, 5 Micron Carbon Block Water Filter Cartridge (4.5″ x 10″) – Finer filtration and longer filter life than the radial flow Pentair Pentek RFC-BB!
This 5 micron coconut shell carbon block filter cartridge absorbs harmful contaminants to improve the look, taste, and odor of water that you drink and use. It reduces chlorine, chloramine, THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), MTBE (methane tertiary butyl ether), and more. This is a high performance carbon block filter providing an extra long filter life of up a 40,000 gallons. It has an outstanding flow rate of up to 10 gallons per minute. It fits in standard water filter housings made for 4.5″ x 10″ replacement cartridges including the Pentek RFC-BB cartridge.
4.5″ x 10″ Carbon Block Water Filter Features:
- High chlorine reduction and dirt-holding capacity
- 5 micron rating removes sediment, rust, dirt, and other particulates as small as 5 micron. The Pentair Pentek RFC-BB is a 25 micron filter so does not filter as fine as contaminants as the Premiere PS-RFC-BB.
- Also reduces offensive tastes and odors, chloramine, THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), MTBE (methane tertiary butyl ether), and more
- Amazing flow rate of up to 10 gallons per minute, with very little pressure drop
- Very long filter life of 40,000 gallons means you don’t have to change the filter as often compared to other filters on the market
- Coconut shell carbon block filters have higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is eco-friendly
- NSF / ANSI 42 certified
- Can be used in a variety of filtration applications such as residential, commercial, food service, or industrial
Looking for this filter with corrosion and scale inhibitor? Our PS-RFC-BBS protects from hard water lime scale build-up.
- Micron rating: 5 micron
- Flow rate: up to 10 gallons per minute (water pressure dependent)
- Size: 4.5″ D X 10″ L
- Filter life: up to 40,000 gallons
Capacity may vary according to flow rate, inlet line pressure and local water conditions which may require more frequent cartridge replacement.
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is a solid carbon block filter and granular activated carbon filter (GAC) filter?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a GAC filters contain loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. GAC filters may release carbon fines into the water; solid carbon block filters do not. The PS-RFC-BB is a solid carbon block filter; the Pentair Pentek RFC-BB is a GAC filter with a polypropylene shell and a core that holds GAC media.
Premiere PS-RFC-BB versus Pentair Pentek RFC-BB
|Premiere PS-RFC-BB||Pentair Pentek RFC-BB|
|Micron rating||5 micron||25 micron|
|Carbon||Solid carbon block||Granular activated carbon|
|Filter life||40,000 gallons (1 year)||6 months - 1 year|
|Could carbon fines end up in your water?||No||Yes|
This cartridge is compatible with most brands’ 10″ large diameter housings:
- 3M Aqua Pure AP801 Series, AP801B, AP801T
- American Plumber W10-PR (152014), W15-PR (152016), W10-BC (152080)
- Ametek 150469, 150467, 150237, 150238, 150233, 150234, 150239, 150240, 166219, and 166201
- Culligan HD-950
- GE GXWH35F, FXHSC, FXHTC, 55857-01, 55857-17, 55857-16, and 55857-26
- Hydronix HF45-10 series
- Pentek 10″ Big Blue filter housings (#10 Big Blue)
- Premiere BG-10 series housings including BG-10CSRV, BG-10C
- Whirlpool WHCF-WHPLBB
- Other standard size 10″ x 4.5″ housings from brands such as Ace Hardware, Cuno, Flotec, Fulflo, Honeywell, Master Plumber, Omni, Sears, Teledyne, Water Pik
The PS-RFC-BB shares the exact or better performance/specifications as the following cartridges:
- American Plumber WRC25-HD (155141-51)
- Ametek RFC-BB
- Aquapure AP817 (56027-01), AP815 (discontinued)
- Bruner RFC-BB
- Culligan RFC-BB
- Kleen Water KW4510CB
- OMNIFilter TO8-SS2-S18
- Pentek RFC-BB (155141-43), NCP-BB (155398-43), GAC-BB (155153-43), RFC-BB (155141-43), EPM-BB (155782-43), EP-BB (155548-43), CFB-Plus 10 BB (255677-43)
- Plymouth Products: RFC-BB
- SpiroPure: SP-RFC-BB
- US Water: RFC-BB-10 (637-RFC-BB-10)
- Waterite Excelpure PL10B30