No products in the cart.
High-flow 4.5″ x 10″ 5 Micron Carbon Block Water Filter Cartridge. Better performing water filter with longer filter life than a Pentek carbon filter!
The PS-RFC-BB carbon block filter cartridge is a premium, 10 inch filter that absorbs harmful contaminants and improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. This is a high performance carbon block filter providing an outstanding flow rate of 10 gallons per minute, and 40,000 gallon filter life. It will fit standard filter housings made for 4.5″ x 10″ replacement cartridges.
PS-RFC-BB Carbon Block Water Filter Features:
- Removes sediment, chlorine, and offensive taste & odors
- Coconut shell carbon block filters have higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is eco-friendly
- High performance cartridge has flow rate of 10 gallons per minute with very little pressure drop
- Change this cartridge less often – it has a 40,000 gallon capacity
- Tested to NSF® standard 42 and 61
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The BG-20CS is a solid carbon block filter.
The PS-RFC-BB will fit Premiere BG-10 series housings as well as:
- Pentek®: NCP-BB (155398-43), GAC-BB (155153-43) RFC-BB (155141-43), EPM-BB (155782-43), EP-BB (155548-43), CFB-Plus 10 BB (255677-43)
- 3M® Aqua-Pure®: AP801 Series, AP815, AP817, and 56027-01
- American Plumber®: W10-PR, 152014, W15-PR, 152016, W10-BC, 152080, WRC25HD, and 155141-51
- Ametek®: 150469, 150467, 150237, 150238, 150233, 150234, 150239, 150240, 166219, and 166201
- GE®: GXWH35F, FXHSC, FXHTC, 55857-01, 55857-17, 55857-16, and 55857-26
- KX®: CTO/2 10″, and 32-425-125-975