No products in the cart.
Large diameter, stainless steel whole house water filter system: Ideal water filter for boiler or hot water heater systems because it removes sediment and scale build up. Substantial savings compared to the 3M Aqua Pure SS8 EPE-316L and it delivers better performance!
The Premiere SS820EPE-316L is a high capacity whole house water filter system, also called a point of entry water filter (POE water filter). It includes a heavy-duty stainless steel water filter housing, and four (4) sediment filters with scale inhibitor. With a high flow rate of up to 64 gallons per minute, it will meet the water pressure demands of residential and commercial applications including boiler and hot water heater systems. This system is for hot or cold applications, and can be used for both chlorinated (municipal) and non-chlorinated (well water) systems.
The SS820EPE-316L is a lower cost, superior alternative to the 3M Aqua Pure SS8 EPE-316L because it includes sediment/scale inhibitor cartridges (one year cartridge life) and the housing has a 10 year warranty. Don’t risk failure or flood damage with a low-cost, plastic water filter housing that could burst. This system is high quality 316L stainless steel construction that provides maximum durability and is resilient to corrosive substances and chemicals.
SS820 EPE-316L Whole House Water Filter Features
- Incredible 10 year warranty on housing. This stainless steel whole house water filter is not going to burst or fail like a plastic water filter housing
- High quality welded 316L stainless steel (electro-polished) for extended life. 316L stainless steel provides more corrosion resistance and is stronger at elevated temperatures than 316 and 304 stainless steel (what the Aqua Pure SS8 EPE-316L is made from).
- Resilient to corrosive substances and chemicals
- Durable stainless steel means it can be installed in various environmental conditions
- Delivers an impressive, unrestricted flow rate of up to 64 gallons per minute (cartridge dependent), which is a sufficient supply of filtered water for very large homes or mansions (6+ bathrooms) and commercial applications – especially boilers and hot water heating systems
- Ideal for boilers up to 400,000 BTU rating
- Provides tremendous capacity to remove and/or reduce sediment and scale that may be present in your water
- Significantly reduces hardness build up due to minerals present in the water supply
- Drain opening at bottom of housing for easy flushing and cleaning
- V-band clamp for easy cartridge change
- Seal plates secured into the cartridge to ensure a positive seal
- Uses four (4) sediment/scale inhibitor cartridges (AMF-SDR520) which are included
- Premium 5 micron water filter cartridge with scale inhibitor to protect your heat exchanger and avoid tank failure
- Siliphos ® scale control product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion on your tankless water heater
- Rigid construction with 68 deep grooves. The deep grooves increase surface area, enhance contaminant holding capacity, and promote fuller utilization of the depth-matrix for fewer cartridge change outs
- Reduces unloading at high differential pressure
- Made without adhesives, binders, surfactants or lubricants for compatibility in a wide range of applications and operating conditions
- The differences between our tankless water heater filter cartridge and other suppliers is the 5 micron absolute rating, deep grooves, and use of the most effective scale control formula. Don’t settle for inferior cartridges with no track record!
- Filter housing also accepts double open ended style 10″ or 20″ water filter cartridges
- For hot or cold water use
- Can be used for chlorinated (municipal) or non-chlorinated (well water) systems
- 2″ NPT connections assist in maximum flow rate with minimum pressure drop
- Made in USA
- NSF® certified components. NSF International is one of the most respected independent certification organizations, which rigorously tests products to comply with all standard requirements
SS820 EPE-316L Whole House Water Filter Specifications
- Connection size: 2″ NPT Male Inlet
- Size 29.5″ H X 10.5″ D
- Micron rating: 5 micron
- Flow rate: Up to 64 gallons per minute
- Max water temperature with included AMF-SDR520 cartridges: 100° F (the housing itself can be used for hot water applications up to 250ºF maximum)
- 10 year warranty on housing
What is boiler scale?
Boiler scale is a hard, mineral coating that can collect on the water-side of boiler tubes. Scale is a problem for boilers because it acts as a barrier to heat transfer which increases energy consumption and costs. Scale also causes boiler tube corrosion and failure (boiler tubes are very expensive to replace!).
Boiler scale removal and scale inhibitor
The best and easiest way to maintain your boiler is to have a boiler water filter with scale inhibitor.
The SS820EPE-316L stainless steel boiler water treatment system with corrosion and scale inhibitor filters will remove existing scale deposits, prevent scale, and stop corrosion. Scale inhibitor works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to prevent the deposition of scale and corrosion.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.