Stainless Steel Whole House Water Filter for Heavy Metals, Lead, Chlorine, Chloramine, and more
The Premiere PS-SS20PB whole house water filter for lead is an excellent choice if you live somewhere with aging metal pipes, and/or if your water comes from a public water system that uses chlorine or chloramine to disinfect the water. This point of entry water filter installs at the main water supply line to treat all the water in your home. It reduces lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine, cryptosporidium, giardia, entamoeba, toxoplasma, VOCs, cysts, sediment, and more. The included lead reducing cartridge is special because it reduces both particulate and soluble lead – other “lead filters” reduce particulate, but not soluble lead so this filter covers all the bases. The stainless steel housing is exceptionally tough and versatile. It provides peace of mind against the risks of failure and flood damage compared to using plastic housings.
PS-SS20PB Whole House Water Filter for Heavy Metals & Chlorine
Includes stainless filter housing and a 0.5 micron activated catalytic carbon block water filter cartridge (BG-20PB-RC)
- 0.5 micron nominal filtration reduces lead (particulate and soluble), chlorine, chloramine, cysts (i.e., cryptosporidium, giardia, entamoeba, toxoplasma), VOCs, sediment
- High dirt holding capacity
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- NSF and WQA certified for material safety
- Tested to NSF standard 53 – This standard establishes minimum requirements for systems designed to reduce specific health-related
- Coconut shell activated catalytic carbon is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. It also has a higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Estimated capacity: 96%+ reduction of 8.5 pH lead; 95%+ reduction of VOC; 90%+ reduction in chlorine at 2 ppm; 83%+ reduction in chloramine at 3ppm
Other Features and Benefits:
- Heavy duty stainless steel whole house water filter constructed of stainless steel (#316L)
- Exceptionally tough housing can withstand pressures of up to 150 psi and temperatures to 210 degrees Fahrenheit (cartridge dependent)
- 10 year warranty on filter housing
- By choosing stainless steel, enjoy peace of mind against the risks of failure and flood damage compared using lower cost plastic housings
- Premium drain port allows quick and easy draining during cartridge change-out
- 1″ FPT pipe connections
- Economical to maintain this stainless steel whole house water filter
- Can be used for both chlorinated and non-chlorinated systems
- Filter wrench, mounting bracket with screws included
PS-SS20PB Whole House Water Filter for Lead Specifications:
- Flow rate: 7 gallons per minute (dependent on incoming water flow)
- Connection size: 1″ FPT
- Dimensions: 25″ H X 5.75″ D
- Includes PS-SS20 series 20″ stainless filter housing, BG-20PB-RC water filter cartridge, wrench pin, mounting bracket, and screws that attach the head to mounting bracket. (You’ll need to supply your own lag bolts or fasteners to affix it to a wall).
View or Download the PS-SS20 Series Installation Instructions
10 Benefits of a Whole House Water Filtration System
- Cleaner, better tasting water from every faucet, tap, and spigot in your home!
- No more chlorine taste or smell.
- Healthier baths and showers, and better skin.
- Get it and forget it – whole house water filtration systems are very low maintenance.
- Helps extend the life of your plumbing, fixtures and water-using appliances.
- Leaves your sink and shower ‘squeaky’ clean.
- Very cost-efficient- with a whole house water filtration system, you only have to pay attention to a single system which is more economical and convenient.
- Your clothes stay bright, fresh, and crisp.
- Reduces harmful contaminants and toxins.
- One filter system does all this; no need for a separate filter for your kitchen, bathroom, or shower head.