4 GPM Ultrafiltration RV Water Filter System – Microscopic filtration (0.02 micron) removes bacteria, viruses, sediment, and other tiny particulates. Makes non-potable water potable. Flushable membrane has extra long filter life (3 – 5 years) – no other filters to replace.
The Premiere ultrafiltration RV water filter system (PS-500-RV) provides clean, filtered water for your entire RV, camper, or motorhome. It connects to a standard hose and installs in-line before water enters your RV. It has a 0.02 micron ultrafiltration membrane that removes particulates and solids like bacteria, viruses, protozoa, sediment, and other particles on a microscopic level. Ultrafiltration operates smoothly at low pressure; no pump or electricity required. This system produces water on demand with an outstanding flow rate of up to 4 gallons per minute. Enjoy peace of mind that this system will provide ultrafine filtration when you’re in places with unknown water quality (as some campsites and water sources may be).
Innovative feature lets you easily backflush (clean) the UF membrane when it gets filled with contaminants…you can’t do this with other filters or membranes which need to be replaced when clogged. Extra long membrane life up to 3 – 5 years. Maintains naturally occurring minerals for health and taste. Ultrafiltration is a great alternative for traditional RO systems – UF provides very fine filtration without the water waste that occurs with reverse osmosis.
What is ultrafiltration?
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a type of membrane filtration which removes particulates and solids on a microscopic level. A membrane barrier acts like a filter using slight pressure to separate particles like bacteria, viruses, germs, pollen, algae, and inorganic and organic molecules from the water. Ultrafiltration is ideal for drinking water filtration for well water or municipal water. Read more about the differences between ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis here.
Benefits of ultrafiltration:
- Environmentally friendly technology – UF produces no wastewater and doesn’t need electricity
- Very high effectiveness at removing bacteria, protozoa, and other pathogens
- An ultrafiltration membrane lasts much longer than a conventional water filter (years versus months)
- Operates smoothly at low water pressure
Premiere PS-500-RV Ultrafiltration RV Water Filter System Features and Benefits:
Safe, healthy water delivered to your whole RV 24-hours a day
- 0.02 micron UF membrane – Filters out solids and particulates as small as 0.02 micron including: bacteria, protozoa, cysts, viruses, algae, dirt, mold, silt, colloidal silica, clay, iron, sand, lead particulate, and more.
- Very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (over 99.9999%), viruses (over 99.99%), and protozoa like giardia and cryptosporidium (over 99.95%) from your water
- Eliminates particulates, sediment, sand, silt, colloidal silica, colloidal clay, particulate lead, and other solids and particulates as small as 0.02 micron
- Preserves healthful minerals in drinking water. One downside of reverse osmosis is that it removes naturally occurring and healthful minerals- the PS-500-RV ultrafiltration system leaves minerals in the water.
- Ultrafiltration can remove tannins in water too. However, if you have both iron and tannins present in your water, you will need a separate, adequate pre-treatment filter system to remove the iron. Water with both tannins and iron is a tricky combination that the PS-500 and our other ultrafiltration systems cannot handle on their own. If you have both iron and tannins in your water, please contact us before purchasing a system.
Extremely long membrane life (up to 5 years!) – it’s easy to flush (clean) the UF membrane
- Breakthrough system lets you easily flush (clean) the membrane of collected contaminants
- Don’t keep buying expensive replacement filters or membranes you can’t flush – the Premiere PS-500-RV is truly revolutionary in this sense!
- Membrane should be back-flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life (3 – 5 years)
- To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. (A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open)
- Save time and money by replacing filters significantly less often without any drop in water quality
- The membrane-housing is efficiently designed to provide easy backflushing. (When a membrane undergoes a backward flush, its pores are thoroughly flushed to clean it of contaminants)
Constant product quality regardless the quality of the incoming water
- Continuous, high flow 4 gallon per minute flow rate
- If there is an influx of contaminants in the incoming water, the PS-500 will still deliver a consistent, high quality of water no matter how bad the incoming water is
- Works well at low water pressure. No pump or electricity needed to make this system work
Environmentally friendly technology
- No chemicals used
- Unlike reverse osmosis, there is zero waste water during the ultrafiltration process. A conventional reverse osmosis system may use 3 – 25 gallons of water to produce one gallon of reverse osmosis water. This UF system delivers ultrafine filtration (0.02 micron!) yet does not waste water in the production of filtered water.
- Breakthrough water filter system easily takes the place of outdated reverse osmosis (RO) and ultra-violet (UV) systems
- No storage tank or electricity required to operate this system
The ultrafiltration membrane should be flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life. To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will be expelled while the valve is open – it may be helpful to have a tub or bucket to capture this water.
How often you flush the membrane will depend on your water conditions and water usage. Flush the ultrafiltration membrane at least once per month; some users may find they need to flush it a few times a month, weekly, or even daily.
In general, you will know it is time to flush the membrane when there is a consistent, noticeable drop in water pressure. At minimum, it still should be flushed at least once per month even if you do not notice any drop in water pressure.
The ultrafiltration membrane (PS-500-MEM) should be replaced once every 3 – 5 years.
Premiere Ultrafiltration RV Water Filter System Specifications:
- Size: 9.5″ W X 14.5″ H X 7.5″ D
- Flow rate: up to 4 gallons per minute (depends on your incoming water pressure)
- Hose connections: 3/4″ HST X 3/4″ HMT
- This system has 3 ports that require connection: inlet, outlet, and membrane backflush. For the flush port (membrane backflush), this system should be installed near a drain, bucket, or waste water outlet to send the backflush water
- Includes Premiere 10″ filter housing, ultrafiltration membrane, filter wrench, lead-free brass hose connectors, mounting bracket, and lag bolts/screws
- Free shipping within contiguous USA*
The replacement membrane for this system is the PS-500-MEM.
Remember to replace your PS-500 membrane once every 3 – 5 years.
- This product is NOT recommended for water with a high TDS level (over 500 ppm) or if you wish to remove all TDS. The ideal amount of TDS in drinking water is 300 – 500 ppm, and ultrafiltration maintains that range by reducing harmful contaminants and preserving healthful minerals. If you have a TDS level above 500 ppm or wish to remove all TDS, please keep in mind that only reverse osmosis will remove virtually all TDS in water.
- Taste-wise, if you want to achieve “tasteless” water that is free from TDS and/or minerals (i.e., how some bottled water tastes – or doesn’t taste, rather) you will want to consider reverse osmosis because ultrafiltration preserves healthful minerals which can contribute to how your water will taste.
- Do not install the PS-500-RV after any water softeners that use sodium (salt). This is because some water softeners make hard water “soft” by replacing the calcium and magnesium with sodium. These high levels of sodium break down the membrane.