BG-10C – 10GPM Whole House Carbon Water Filter with Scale Inhibitor
Whole house carbon water filter with scale inhibitor for chlorine, sediment, scale build-up, chloramine, taste and odor, THMs, VOCs, MTBE, and more. Scale control product prevents scale and stops corrosion. The BG-10C is ideal for a small home or apartment (2-3 bedrooms), delivering a 10 gallon per minute flow rate. 40,000 gallon filter life.
Whole House Carbon Water Filter System: 5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter Cartridge with Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor Protection
The Premiere BG-10C is an industrial grade whole house water filter system that reduces chlorine, sediment, scale build-up, chloramine, taste and odor, THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether), and more. It is a complete whole house water filtration system that includes the heavy duty plastic housing with our BG-10CS carbon block water filter cartridge with scale inhibitor. This whole house water filter system is easily installed where water enters your home. It filters all incoming water before it goes into the individual supply lines that feed your laundry, bathrooms (including toilets), outside faucets, and your kitchen.
BG-10C Whole House Carbon Water Filter with Scale Inhibitor Features & Benefits:
- Premium high flow filter removes sediment, scale build-up, taste and odor, chlorine, chloramine, THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), MTBE (methane tertiary butyl ether), and more
- Siliphos ® scale control product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion
- Premiere Sales is the only company to offer this style of filter with scale inhibitor make it one of the best whole house sediment water filters available on the market
- Ideal for a small home or apartment (2-3 bedrooms)
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification
- A carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)
- Outstanding flow rate of 10 gallons per minute, and 40,000 gallon filter life
- NSF® tested and certified components – NSF International, one of the most respected independent certification organizations, rigorously tests products to comply with all standard requirements
- Heavy duty, food grade plastic water filter housing suitable for drinking water filters
- Enjoy peace of mind with a five year warranty on the housing
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in scale inhibitor cartridge
- Built in pressure release valve (PRV), to release pressure before changing filters
- The water filter housing has a 1″ internal port which allows for an outstanding flow rate of up to 20 gallons per minute (cartridge dependent – the included BG-10CS filter has a flow rate of 10 GPM).
- Filter wrench, and mounting bracket with screws included
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The BG-10CS is a solid carbon block filter.
BG-10C Whole House Carbon Water Filter with Scale Inhibitor Specifications:
- Includes filter wrench, mounting bracket, and screws
- 1″ FPT connections
- Flow rate: 10 gallons per minute
- Size: 13.5″ H X 7.75″ D
- 5 year warranty on housing
- NSF® certified components
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.