Sani-System Liquid Sanitizer Concentrate. Pre-measured packet is easy to use and kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria.
Protect your health: reverse osmosis systems should be sanitized at least once a year! The Sani-System ® packet works in 60 seconds to kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria including E. coli, E. coli O157:H7, Staphylococcus aureus, Listeria monocytogenes and more. This handy, effective packet is pre-measured and simple to use. It does not use chlorine, other oxidizers or acids that can harm equipment parts. It’s the only EPA and NSF approved sanitizer in the industry!
Instructions for sanitizing reverse osmosis systems:
- Shut off water supply to the RO unit and remove membrane and all filters. If applicable, turn off pump. If you are re-installing the same filters and/or membrane, use rubber gloves and store filters and membranes in water to prevent damage.
- Open pure water faucet to drain the storage tank and depressurize the system.
- Pour entire 0.25 oz packet of Sani System RO Unit Sanitizer directly into the first main housing unit and re-install the cartridge (a dummy filter may be required for newer models). Make sure pure water faucet is closed and turn on the water supply
- Allow system to fill with water. This may may take about 5 – 10 minutes – time will vary depending on water pressure and tank size.
- Once full, let system set for 60 seconds then flush system two times. It’s really important the whole system is completely rinsed otherwise it will cause damage and premature fouling to the filters and membrane.
- Replace or re-install filters and membrane according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Please note that Sani-System liquid sanitizer concentrate is not recommended for use with the HydroGuard HDGT-45 series 4 stage RO system and other units that have cartridges that completely “twist” off the unit with no filter housing remaining on the unit.