Whole House Water Filter for Heavy Metals, Lead, Chlorine, Chloramine, and more
The Premiere BG-20PB whole house water filter for lead is an excellent choice if you live somewhere with aging metal pipes, and/or if your water comes from a public water system that uses chlorine or chloramine to disinfect the water. This point of entry water filter installs at the main water supply line to treat all the water in your home. It reduces lead, heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine, cryptosporidium, giardia, entamoeba, toxoplasma, VOCs, cysts, and sediment. This system includes a 0.5 micron nominal lead reduction cartridge. The lead reducing cartridge is special because it reduces both particulate and soluble lead – other “lead filters” reduce particulate, but not soluble lead so this filter covers all the bases.
BG-20PB Whole House Water Filter for Heavy Metals & Chlorine
Includes filter housing and a 0.5 micron activated carbon block water filter cartridge (BG-20PB-RC)
- 0.5 micron nominal filtration reduces lead (soluble and particulate), chlorine, chloramine, cysts (i.e., cryptosporidium, giardia, entamoeba, toxoplasma), VOCs, sediment
- High dirt holding capacity
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- NSF and WQA certified for material safety
- Tested to NSF standard 53 – This standard establishes minimum requirements for systems designed to reduce specific health-related
- Coconut shell activated carbon is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. It also has a higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Estimated capacity: 96%+ reduction of 8.5 pH lead; 95%+ reduction of VOC; 90%+ reduction in chlorine at 2 ppm; 83%+ reduction in chloramine at 3ppm
Other Features and Benefits:
- Heavy-duty, food grade plastic water filter housing suitable for drinking water filters
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in water filter cartridge
- Built in pressure release valve (PRV) to release pressure before changing filters
- 1″ port which allows for a flow rate of up to 7 gallons per minute
- Powder coated, rust-resistant bracket. Pre-drilled holes in the bracket allow for easy mounting
BG-20PB Whole House Water Filter for Lead Specifications:
- Flow rate: 7 gallons per minute (dependent on incoming water flow)
- Connection size: 1″ FPT
- Dimensions: 24″ H X 7.75″ D
- Includes BG series 20″ filter housing, BG-20PB-RC water filter cartridge, filter wrench, mounting bracket, and lag bolts/screws
10 Benefits of a Whole House Water Filtration System
- Cleaner, better tasting water from every faucet, tap, and spigot in your home!
- No more chlorine taste or smell.
- Healthier baths and showers, and better skin.
- Get it and forget it – whole house water filtration systems are very low maintenance.
- Helps extend the life of your plumbing, fixtures and water-using appliances.
- Leaves your sink and shower ‘squeaky’ clean.
- Very cost-efficient- with a whole house water filtration system, you only have to pay attention to a single system which is more economical and convenient.
- Your clothes stay bright, fresh, and crisp.
- Reduces harmful contaminants and toxins.
- One filter system does all this; no need for a separate filter for your kitchen, bathroom, or showerhead.