No products in the cart.
5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter Cartridge with Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor Protection (20 Inch Carbon Filter)
The BG-20CS coconut shell carbon block filter cartridge is a premium 20 inch carbon filter that absorbs harmful contaminants and improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. It also contains corrosion and scale inhibitor product that will remove existing scale deposits, prevent scale, and stop corrosion.
Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. A carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter). The BG-20CS is a high performance coconut shell carbon block filter providing an outstanding flow rate of 20 gallons per minute, and 80,000 gallon capacity. It will fit standard filter housings made for 4.5″ x 20″ replacement cartridges.
BG-20CS Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter with Scale Inhibitor Features:
- Removes sediment, chlorine, and offensive taste & odors
- Siliphos ® scale inhibitor product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion
- Coconut shell carbon block filters have higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is eco-friendly
- High performance cartridge has flow rate of 20 gallons per minute with very little pressure drop
- Change this cartridge less often – it has an 80,000 gallon capacity
- Premiere Sales is the only company to offer this style of “triple action filter” with scale inhibitor
- Protects from hard water lime scale build-up.
- Tested to NSF® standard 42 and 61
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The BG-20CS is a solid carbon block filter.
BG-20CS Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter with Scale Inhibitor Specifications:
- Flow rate: 20 gallons per minute with very little pressure drop
- Filter capacity: 80,000 gallons
- Size: 4.5″ D X 20″ L
Will fit Premiere BG-20 series housings as well as:
3M® Aqua-Pure®: AP802 Series, 55857-04,55857-19, AP815-2, AP817-2, & 56027-07.
American Plumber®: W2010-PR, 152015, W2015-PR, 152017, WRC25HD20, & 155247-51.
Ametek Big Blue®: 150467, 150233, 150234, 150235, 150236, & 166201.
KX®: CTO 20″, & 32-425-125-20.
Pentek®: NCP-20BB, 155382-43, GAC20-BB, 155249-43, RFC20-BB, 155247-43, EPM20-BB, 155783-43, EP20-BB, 155583-43, CFB-Plus 20 BB, & 255678-43.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.