No products in the cart.
20″ 5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter with Scale Inhibitor
5 micron coconut shell carbon block filter cartridge that absorbs harmful contaminants and improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. This premium filter fits any standard 20″ housing. Scale control product prevents scale and stops corrosion. Provides an outstanding flow rate of 5 gallons per minute, and 24,000 gallon capacity. Made in USA.
5 Micron Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter Cartridge with Scale Inhibitor (20″ Water Filter)
The AMF-CBCS20/5 coconut shell carbon block filter cartridge with scale inhibitor is a premium 20 inch carbon filter that absorbs harmful contaminants, and improves the appearance and taste of drinking water. This premium cartridge contains genuine Siliphos®, a corrosion and scale inhibitor. It effectively reduces scaling from the pipes and other plumbing connections susceptible to damage due to build-up of scaling. Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. A carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter). The AMF-CBCS/5 is a high performance 100% coconut shell carbon block filter providing a flow rate of 5 gallons per minute and 24,000 gallon capacity. It will fit standard 20″ filter housings. Proudly made in USA.
AMF-CBCS20/5 Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter Features:
- Removes sediment, chlorine, offensive tastes and odors, rust, scale, and particulates
- Siliphos® scale control product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion
- More contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) means better tasting water too
- High performance cartridge has flow rate of 5 gallons per minute which is ample for daily use in domestic applications.
- 24,000 gallon capacity
- Tested to NSF® standard 42
- 100% coconut shell carbon block (NSF certified)
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is eco-friendly
- Maintains minimal, if any, pressure drop
- Made in USA
- Fits any standard size 20″ filter housing
- No activation required – simply install and the filter is ready to go.
- Replacement cartridge for whole house filtration systems – an excellent choice for households of all sizes
What is a coconut shell carbon block filter?
Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
Coconut shells are also an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. Coconuts are harvested three times per year and their harvest has no negative impact on coconut trees. That is, a coconut tree will continue to grow and produce coconuts throughout the year even after its coconuts are harvested.
What is the difference between solid carbon block filters and a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)?
Solid carbon block filters have compressed carbon whereas a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) contains loose granules of carbon. A major advantage of carbon block filters is that they allow for water to be in contact with carbon for a longer period, which leads to a better contaminant removal. The AMF-CBCS20/5 is a solid carbon block filter.
AMF-CBCS20/5 Coconut Shell Carbon Block Filter Specifications:
- Filter capacity: 24,000 gallons
- Flow rate: 5 gallons per minute
- Size: 2.78″ D X 20″ L (standard size)
The AMF-CBCS20/5 will fit standard 20″ filter housings made for 2.5″ x 20″ (also commonly called 2.5″ x 20″ or just 20″) replacement cartridges.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.