No products in the cart.
Premiere 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System
Premiere 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System produces 50 gallons of purified drinking water per day. NSF® certified components, 5 year warranty. Lead-free faucet included. Reduces impurities including bacteria, viruses, pesticides, fertilizers, lead, arsenic, iron, perfluorocarbons, and trace pharmaceuticals.
Premiere 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System
Today’s tap water can contain a broad range of impurities and contaminants. A reverse osmosis water system uses a semipermeable membrane to remove ions, molecules, and particles from water. The resulting drinking water is clean, healthy, and refreshing to drink that’s far more economical than bottled water or cheap, temporary solutions like a pitcher or faucet filter.The Premiere 4 stage reverse osmosis system reduces impurities including bacteria, viruses, pesticides, fertilizers, dissolved metals (such as lead, arsenic and iron), perfluorocarbons, and trace pharmaceuticals.
To learn more about reverse osmosis check out our article, “Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration: Everything You Need to Know”
RO-6740 Premiere 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Features:
- Produces 50 gallons of purified drinking water per day
- Designed for chlorinated and non-chlorinated water supplies
- NSF® certified components. NSF International, is one of the most respected independent certification organizations, which rigorously tests products to comply with all standard requirements
- This 4 stage reverse osmosis system is assembled in the USA
- High performance filters only need to be changed once per year (RP-C4SROS).
- Enjoy peace of mind with a five year warranty on this system
Premiere 4 stage reverse osmosis system includes:
- Filter housings, bracket, and and 3.2 gallon storage tank
- (1) 1 micron sediment filter (PPG98/01) – Traps sediment and other particles like dirt, silt and rust which affect the taste and appearance of your water. Rigid construction with deep grooves increases surface area, extends the water filter cartridge life, and increases water filtration efficiency too! (Provides up to 10+ times the life of other filters!)
- (1) 0.5 micron premium grade coconut shell carbon filter (AMF-CBCPB2) reduces chlorine, chloramines and other materials that cause bad taste and odor
- (1) Genuine branded DOW Filmtec reverse osmosis membrane with 50 gallon of water per day (GPD) production rating (PS-50RM). Thin Film Composite (TFC), high quality membrane, made in the USA by DOW Chemical company
- (1) premium grade coconut shell carbon final filter with 1/4″ built-in, quick-connect no-leak fittings (IN-1011). This final polishing filter is used after the water storage tank to remove any remaining chlorine or other chemicals that cause bad taste or odor before being dispensed
- Lead-free faucet (RP-LRSSAG) complete with mounting hardware
- Complete do-it-yourself installation package
RO-6740 Premiere 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Specifications:
- System: 16″ H X 14″ W X 6″ D
- Storage: 15.5″ H X 11.2″ D
Dow Filmtec Reverse Osmosis Membrane Contaminant Removal Rates:
• Aluminum 86% • Arsenic 94% • Barium 96% • Bicarbonate 90% • Borate 30% • Bromide 87% • Cadmium 96% • Calcium 94% • Chloride 87% • Chromate 86% • Chromium 96% • Copper 98% • Cyanide 86% • Detergent 97% • Ferrocyanide 98% • Flouride 87% • Herbicides 97% • Insectecides 97% • Lead 97% • Magnesium 96% • Manganese 95% • Mercury 96% • Nickel 98% • Nitrate 80% • PCBs 97% • Perchlorate 96% • Phosphate 96% • Potassium 87% • Radium 80% • Selenium 94% • Silicate 85% • Silver 93% • Sodium 87% • Spores 99.9% • Strontium 96% • Sulfate 97% • Thiosulfate 96% • Zinc 98% •
What’s the difference between 4 and 5 stage reverse osmosis systems?
In the Premiere 4 stage reverse osmosis system:
- Stage 1: Pre-filter removes sediment and other particles like dirt, silt and rust which affect the taste and appearance of your water
- Stage 2: Carbon filter reduces chlorine, chloramines and other materials that cause bad taste and odor
- Stage 3: A semipermeable membrane removes total dissolved solids, sodium and a wide range of contaminants such as chromium, arsenic, copper, lead as well as cysts, such as giardia and cryptosporidium.
- Stage 4: Coconut shell carbon inline water filter provides the final “polishing.” It’s used after the water storage tank to remove any remaining chlorine or other chemicals that cause bad taste or odor before being dispensed.
In a 5 stage reverse osmosis system, the fifth stage is usually remineralization. During the fourth stage, the filter typically removes all the essential minerals but we need them in our daily water consumption to have the right balance of minerals. For this is the reason, a 5 stage reverse osmosis system adds back the minerals that are good for your body. Alternatively, a 5 stage reverse osmosis system may have another carbon based filter for improving the taste of the water.
Need replacement water filters for the RO-6740? Please see the RP-C4SROS filter kit.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.