Whole House Water Filter for Lead, Chlorine, Chloramine, Sediment, and more
The Premiere BG-202PB whole house water filter for lead is an excellent point of entry water filter that installs at the main water supply line to treat all the water in your home. It reduces lead, chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, cysts, sand, rust and sediment. This system includes a 5 micron sediment pre-filter, and a 0.5 micron nominal catalytic activated carbon lead reduction cartridge. Other whole house systems may boast being 3-stage, however our 2-stage system is just as effective and means there are less filters to replace which saves money and time. This filter system provides a high contaminant holding capacity and long filter life. The flow rate is 7 gallons per minute. The entire unit is mounted on a powder coated frame or bracket (your choice) that is corrosion resistant.
The Premiere BG-202PB is more effective at lead reduction than the iSpring 2-stage and 3-Stage whole house lead reducing water filtration systems (WGB22B-PB and WGB32B-PB) and the rest of the competition because the BG-202PB reduces both soluble and particulate lead – iSpring systems do not reduce particles of lead. Also, the BG-202PB reduces chloramine – other systems including iSpring do not reduce chloramine.
BG-202PB Whole House Water Filter for Lead
Stage 1: 5 micron sediment pre-filter (BG-20SED) or 5 micron sediment pre-filter with scale inhibitor (BG-20SC)
- High dirt holding capacity
- Longer filter life than other grooved sediment filters on the market
- The grooved design increases surface area, extends the water filter cartridge life, and increases water filtration efficiency
- Deep ridges are industrial grade construction that withstand stressful conditions
- The rigid construction helps to eliminate sediment “unloading” that often happens due to variations in water pressure
- Large-diameter (4.5″), 5 micron sediment filter that is an effective method for reducing turbidity in water
- Removes sediment, dirt, rust, and other particulate matter as small as 5 microns that are commonly found in drinking water
- Scale inhibitor option: 5 micron sediment pre-filter with scale inhibitor protects plumbing connections, pipes, and appliances. If you select the option for a scale inhibitor pre-filter, you will receive a BG-20SC cartridge instead of the BG-20SED
- Siliphos ® scale inhibitor product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion
- This filter protects from scale on pipes and plumbing connections, and equipment such as dishwashers, hot water heaters, tankless water heaters, washing machines, and ice machines
Stage 2: 0.5 micron catalytic activated carbon block water filter for lead reduction (BG-20PB-RC)
- 0.5 micron nominal filtration reduces lead, chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, cysts, sand, rust and sediment
- High dirt holding capacity
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- NSF and WQA certified for material safety
- Tested to NSF standard 53 – This standard establishes minimum requirements for systems designed to reduce specific health-related
- Coconut shell activated catalytic carbon is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. It also has a higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Estimated capacity: 96%+ reduction of 8.5 pH lead; 95%+ reduction of VOC; 90%+ reduction in chlorine at 2 ppm; 83%+ reduction in chloramine at 3ppm
Other Features and Benefits:
- Heavy-duty, food grade plastic water filter housing suitable for drinking water filters
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in water filter cartridge
- Built in pressure release valve (PRV) to release pressure before changing filters
- 1″ port which allows for a flow rate of up to 7 gallons per minute
- Powder coated, rust-resistant bracket or floor stand (your choice). Pre-drilled holes in the bracket allow for easy mounting
BG-202PB Whole House Water Filter for Lead Specifications:
- Flow rate: 7 gallons per minute (dependent on incoming water flow)
- Connection size: 1″ FPT
- 28″ H X 20″ W X 11″ D (Bracketed unit)
- 31″ H X 20″ W X 11″ D (Floor stand unit)
- Includes two (2) Premiere 20″ jumbo filter housings, one (1) BG-20SED sediment pre-filter OR one (1) BG-20SC sediment pre-filter with scale inhibitor, one (1) BG-20PB-RC lead reduction filter, filter wrench, mounting bracket OR floor stand, and lag bolts/screws
View or Download the BG-202 Installation Instructions
10 Benefits of a Whole House Water Filtration System
- Cleaner, better tasting water from every faucet, tap, and spigot in your home!
- No more chlorine taste or smell.
- Healthier baths and showers, and better skin.
- Get it and forget it – whole house water filtration systems are very low maintenance.
- Helps extend the life of your plumbing, fixtures and water-using appliances.
- Leaves your sink and shower ‘squeaky’ clean.
- Very cost-efficient- with a whole house water filtration system, you only have to pay attention to a single system which is more economical and convenient.
- Your clothes stay bright, fresh, and crisp.
- Multi-stage filtration systems produce water of pristine quality.
- One filter system does all this; no need for a separate filter for your kitchen, bathroom, or showerhead.