Ultrafiltration system for whole store and commercial water treatment including foodservice, dispensed drinks, specialty coffee, brewing and beverage production, and more. A single water treatment solution that replaces the need for multiple point-of-use filter systems.
The Premiere PS-2000FS is a powerful commercial water filter system for dispensed drinks, coffee / espresso / tea brewing, and other foodservice applications. It’s a single water treatment solution that replaces the need for multiple point-of-use filter systems. Ideal for chain or independent food & beverage retailers, specialty coffee, institutional foodservice, and more. Ultrafiltration is a great alternative to reverse osmosis because it removes bacteria and other contaminants on a microscopic level, without the expense, space, and water wastage like RO.
The PS-2000FS has a 0.02 micron ultrafiltration (UF) membrane which removes particulates and solids like bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and organic and inorganic materials on a microscopic level. The 0.5 micron activated carbon block finishing filter reduces lead, chlorine, chloramine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), poly- and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS), heavy metals, and other chemicals. This system delivers clean, safe water for your whole store or other commercial applications.
The PS-2000FS ultrafiltration system is a great alternative to commercial reverse osmosis systems because it delivers excellent contaminant and bacteria removal rates, UF produces water on demand at 8 gallons per minute, plus zero water goes to drain during the filtration process. It delivers water on demand – no storage tank needed which saves on space and eliminates the potential for bacteria growth (which tanks are notorious for). Additionally, it operates smoothly at low water pressure and doesn’t need electricity. Having a single whole store filtration solution beats the hassle, expense, and maintenance on multiple point-of-use systems.
The Premiere PS-2000FS ultrafiltration system features innovative technology which lets you flush (clean) the UF membrane whenever it gets full of contaminants. Don’t keep buying expensive replacement filters or membranes that you can’t flush!
What is ultrafiltration?
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a type of membrane filtration which removes particulates and solids on a microscopic level. A membrane barrier acts like a filter using slight pressure to separate particles like bacteria, viruses, germs, pollen, algae, and organic molecules from the water. Ultrafiltration is ideal for commercial water treatment including food and beverage, brewery production,
Benefits of ultrafiltration:
- Very high effectiveness at removing bacteria, protozoa, and other pathogens
- Environmentally friendly technology – UF produces no wastewater and doesn’t need electricity
- Constant product quality no matter the incoming water quality
- An ultrafiltration membrane filter lasts much longer than a conventional filter (years versus months)
Premiere PS-2000FS Ultrafiltration System Features and Benefits
Stage 1: 0.02 Micron Ultrafiltration Membrane Filter – removes solids and particulates
- Long membrane life – save time and money by replacing filters significantly less often without any drop in water quality
- Breakthrough system lets you easily flush (clean) the membrane of collected contaminants. Simply turn a little valve on the unit to clear the UF membrane of contaminants. The Premiere PS-2000FS is truly unique in this respect!
- 0.02 micron UF membrane – Filters out solids / particulates as small as 0.02 micron including bacteria, protozoa, cysts, viruses, algae, dirt, mold, silt, colloidal silica, clay, iron, sand, lead particulate, and more.
- Very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (over 99.9999%), viruses (over 99.99%), and protozoa like giardia & cryptosporidium (over 99.95%) from your water
- Eliminates colloidal particulates, sediment, sand, silt, colloidal silica, and other solids / particulates as small as 0.02 micron
- The membrane has four o-rings to ensure a seal so that bacteria and other contaminants do not get back into your filtered water
- The UF membrane removes particulate lead (and the activated carbon post filter in stage 2 reduces soluble lead)
- Breakthrough foodservice filter system is a superior alternative to reverse osmosis (RO) and ultra-violet (UV) systems
- Environmentally friendly technology – no chemicals used, and zero waste water during the ultrafiltration process
- Continuous, high flow 8 gallon per minute flow rate. If your application requires a higher flow rate, it’s possible to plumb multiple of these systems parallel to achieve up to 16 GPM, 24 GPM, 32 GPM etc.
- Constant product quality regardless the quality of the incoming water
- The membrane-housing is efficiently designed to provide easy backflushing. (When a membrane undergoes a backward flush, it’s pores are flushed inside out to clean it of contaminants)
- Membrane should be back flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life (3-5 years). To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open
- Replacement ultrafiltration membrane filter is the PS-1000RC – replace once every 3 – 5 years
Stage 2: 0.5 Micron Activated Carbon Filter – removes and reduces lead, heavy metals, chemicals
- Tight 0.5 micron filtration provides exceptional reduction of lead, chlorine and chloramine, VOC, cysts, and more
- Reduces soluble lead using an ion-exchange filter medium with high specificity for soluble lead
- Excellent VOC and chemical contaminant reduction including pesticides, benzene, radon, solvents, trihalomethane compounds (THMs), methane tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS), and other man-made chemicals
- Removes and reduces bad tastes and odors from your water
- This filter reduces both soluble and particulate lead
- High dirt holding capacity
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- NSF / ANSI 42 tested and certified for material safety
- Water Quality Association / ASPE / ANSI S-803 certified for sustainability
- Coconut shell activated carbon is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification. It also has a higher contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter) which means better tasting water too
- Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
- Reduction rates: 96%+ reduction of 8.5 pH lead; 95%+ reduction of VOC; 90%+ reduction in chlorine at 2 ppm; 83%+ reduction in chloramine at 3ppm
- Replacement carbon postfilter is the BG-20PB-RC – change once per year
- Reduction capacity: chlorine – 240,000 gallons @ 7 GPM ; chloramine – 12,000 gallons @ 3 GPM ; VOCs 3,000 gallons @ 3 GPM ; lead – 25,500 gallons @ 5 GPM
- Minimal pressure drop (14psid @ 7 GPM)
Other features and benefits
- The Premiere PS-2000FS can be used to supply clean, healthy water for a variety of applications including brewing and beverage production, office coffee and water, drip coffee / pour over / espresso, iced tea, ice and drinking water, whole store, steam cooking equipment, convenience store beverages & ice, schools, hospitals, hotels, commercial kitchens, beer brewing, residential water treatment, and much more
- White powder coated aluminum mountable bracket is corrosion resistant so it will not rust
- Heavy-duty, food grade plastic water filter housing suitable for drinking water filters
- Screw-off lid with wrench for easy changing of the drop-in water filter cartridge
- Free shipping within contiguous USA*
- Optional flush gauge indicator (+$95) – No need to guess when it’s time to flush the membrane on the PS-2000FS! This easy-to-read gauge will monitor the water pressure exiting the PS-2000FS, so when you see that the pressure has fallen below a certain point, it’s time to flush the ultrafiltration membrane on this system.
View or Download the PS-2000 Installation Instructions
The ultrafiltration membrane should be flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life. To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open.
How often you flush the membrane will depend on your water conditions and water usage. Flush the ultrafiltration membrane at least once per month; some users may find they need to flush it a few times a month, weekly, or even daily.
In general, you will know it is time to flush the membrane when there is a consistent, noticeable drop in water pressure. It still should be flushed at least once per month even if you do not notice any drop in water pressure.
The ultrafiltration membrane (PS-1000RC) should be replaced once every 3 – 5 years, and the carbon postfilter (BG-20PB-RC) should be replaced at least once per year.
The filter life / capacity may vary according to local water conditions, flow rate, and inlet line pressure which may require more frequent replacement. Do not use the membrane longer than 5 years, or the filter for longer than 1 year.
PS-2000FS Foodservice Water Filter System Specifications
- Flow rate: 8 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Unit Size: 28″ H X 20″ W X 11″ D (Bracketed unit)
- Operating pressure: Min 30 psi / Max 85 psi
- Operating temperature: Min 40°F (4.4°C) / Max 100°F (37.8°C)
- pH parameters: Min 6 / Max 10
- Plumbing connection size: 1″
- This system has 3 ports that require connection: inlet, outlet, and membrane backflush. For the flush port (membrane backflush), this system should be installed near a floor drain, or plumb for irrigation use to recycle to backflush water
- Includes two (2) Premiere 20″ jumbo filter housings, one (1) ultrafiltration membrane, one (1) lead reduction carbon postfilter, one-way check valve, filter wrench, mounting bracket, and lag bolts/screws. Optional flush gauge indicator (+$95)
Replacement membrane and filter for the PS-2000FS is the PS-1000RC and BG-20PB-RC.
View or Download the PS-2000FS Spec Sheet
How does the PS-2000FS foodservice water filter system compare to other water filtration processes?
|PS-2000PB Ultrafiltration Filter System||Reverse Osmosis Systems||Ozone Water Filters||UV Water Filters|
|Easy, turn-to-flush (clean) membrane?||Yes - Save time and money by not having to keep buying expensive replacement filters or membranes you can’t flush||No - When filters plug there will be a drop in water pressure. Having to buy new filters will occur more often if you have lots of contaminants in your water||No||No|
|Removes bacteria, pathogens, and other contaminants||Yes - Up to 99.9999% of bacteria||Yes||No - It kills bacteria and pathogens but doesn't remove them from the water||No - It kills bacteria and pathogens but doesn't remove them from the water|
|Environmentally friendly||Yes - Doesn't require electricity, and has no waste water||No - It wastes 3-25 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of RO water||No - Uses lots of energy||No - Uses lots of energy|
|Carbon post-filter||Yes||Depends on the system||Depends on the system||Depends on the system|
- This product is NOT recommended for water with a high total dissolved solids (TDS) level (i.e.,over 500 ppm), or if you wish to reduce/remove TDS. The ultrafiltration process preserves healthful minerals (minerals make up TDS). If you have a TDS level above 500 ppm or wish to reduce/remove your TDS level, please keep in mind that only reverse osmosis or deionization will reduce and remove TDS in water. Read about total dissolved solids here.
- Membrane and filter cartridge life may vary according to flow rate, inlet line pressure and local water conditions which may require more frequent replacement.
- Flow rate may vary depending on water pressure, water temperature, local water conditions, and how full the membrane is.
- Since plumbing configurations can vary, you may need to supply additional parts/adaptors in order to connect the PS-2000FS to your plumbing.
- You may want to consider a pressure storage tank which installs on the outlet side of the system. A pressure storage tank stores clean water to flush the membrane with filtered water; without a pressure storage tank the membrane is flushed with unfiltered water which could shorten the membrane lifespan. A pressure storage tank is highly recommended if you have colloidal issues and/or high turbidity (high NTU or SDI level). A pressure storage tank is not included (we don’t sell them), and they’re available at most plumbing or well water supply stores (get a 10 or more gallon one). If you already have a pressure storage tank that you plan to use, please ensure it has previously only been used as a clean water pressure storage tank and that it is completely clean and sterilized.
The PS-2000FS is the same product as the PS-2000PB.