Ultrafiltration Water Filter System – Whole House UF membrane and carbon filter for well water and more. Superior bacteria and chemical removal, plus scale inhibitor prevents limescale and stops corrosion.
The Premiere PS-2000C is a powerful whole house water filter for well water or other applications. It has a 0.02 micron ultrafiltration (UF) membrane which removes particulates and solids like bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and colloidal materials on a microscopic level. The 5 micron activated carbon block finishing filter removes chemicals like chlorine, benzene, radon, trihalomethane compounds, pesticides, and other man-made chemicals to improve the taste and odor of your water.
It is an excellent well water filter system because there is zero waste water, operates smoothly at low water pressure, and it does not require a storage tank or electricity to operate. It has outstanding contaminant and bacteria removal rates (over 99.99%). The Premiere PS-2000C ultrafiltration membrane features innovative technology which lets you flush (clean) the membrane whenever it gets full of contaminants. The long-lasting membrane means you are spending less time and money changing water filters. Don’t keep buying expensive membranes or replacement filters you can’t flush! Replace the UF membrane once every 3 – 5 years, and replace the carbon filter once per year.
What is ultrafiltration?
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a type of membrane filtration which removes particulates and solids on a microscopic level. A membrane barrier acts like a filter using slight pressure to separate particles like bacteria, viruses, germs, pollen, algae, and organic molecules from the water. Ultrafiltration is ideal for whole house water filtration including well water or municipal water.
Benefits of ultrafiltration:
- Environmentally friendly technology – UF produces no wastewater and doesn’t need electricity
- Constant product quality no matter the incoming water quality
- Very high effectiveness at removing bacteria, protozoa, and other pathogens
- An ultrafiltration membrane filter lasts much longer than a conventional filter (years versus months)
Premiere PS-2000C UF Membrane with Carbon Filter for Well Water / Whole House
Stage 1: 0.02 Micron Ultrafiltration Membrane Filter – removes solids and particulates
- Long membrane life – save time and money by replacing filters significantly less often without any drop in water quality
- Breakthrough system lets you easily flush (clean) the membrane of collected contaminants. Simply turn a little valve on the unit to clear the UF membrane of contaminants. The Premiere PS-2000C is truly unique in this respect!
- 0.02 micron UF membrane – Filters out solids / particulates as small as 0.02 micron including: bacteria, protozoa, cysts, viruses, algae, dirt, mold, silt, colloidal silica, clay, iron, sand, lead particulate, and more.
- Very high effectiveness in removing bacteria (over 99.9999%), viruses (over 99.99%), and protozoa like giardia and cryptosporidium (over 99.95%) from your water
- Eliminates colloidal particulates, sediment, sand, silt, colloidal silica, and other solids / particulates larger than 0.02 micron
- The UF membrane also removes particulate lead (Please see our PS-2000PB to reduce soluble and particulate lead)
- The membrane has four o-rings to ensure a seal so that bacteria and other contaminants do not get back into your filtered water
- Breakthrough well water filter system is a superior alternative to reverse osmosis (RO) and ultra-violet (UV) systems
- Environmentally friendly technology – no chemicals used, and zero waste water during the ultrafiltration process.
- Continuous, high flow 8 gallon per minute flow rate
- Constant product quality regardless the quality of the incoming water
- The membrane-housing is efficiently designed to provide easy backflushing. (When a membrane undergoes a backward flush, it’s pores are flushed inside out to clean it of contaminants)
- Membrane should be back flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life (3-5 years). To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open
- Replacement ultrafiltration membrane filter is the PS-1000RC – replace once every 3 – 5 years
Stage 2: 5 Micron Carbon Filter with Scale Inhibitor – removes chemicals; scale inhibitor product stops limescale and stops corrosion
- Premium 5 micron coconut shell carbon block filter (BG-20CS) reduces chlorine, chloramine, benzene, radon, solvents, trihalomethane compounds (THMs), methane tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), and volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) such as pesticides and other man-made chemicals
- Removes and reduces bad tastes and odors from your water
- Siliphos ® scale inhibitor product prevents scale and stops corrosion. It works by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface to inhibit the deposition of scale and corrosion
- Coconut shell carbon block technology is an eco-friendly and renewable resource for water purification
- A carbon block filter provides better contaminant removal than a granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter)
- Coconut shell carbon filters adsorb harmful contaminants and improve the appearance and taste of drinking water. Coconut shell is microporous with minimal dust, and therefore is very efficient at organic chemical adsorption. Coconut shell carbon block filters have high hardness which makes them ideal for water purification.
- Replacement carbon filter is the BG-20CS – replace once per year
Other features and benefits
- In addition to being a well water filter system, the Premiere PS-2000C can be used in a variety of applications including whole house, food service beverages & ice, convenience store beverages & ice, beverage process filtration, schools, hospitals, hotels, beer brewing, and much more
- White powder coated aluminum mountable bracket is corrosion resistant so it will not rust
- Free shipping within contiguous USA*
- Optional flush gauge indicator (+$95) – No need to guess when it’s time to flush the membrane on the PS-2000C! This easy-to-read gauge will monitor the water pressure exiting the PS-2000C, so when you see that the pressure has fallen below a certain point, it’s time to flush the ultrafiltration membrane on this system.
View or Download the PS-2000 Installation Instructions
The ultrafiltration membrane should be flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life. To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open.
How often you flush the membrane will depend on your water conditions and water usage. Flush the ultrafiltration membrane at least once per month; some users may find they need to flush it a few times a month, weekly, or even daily.
In general, you will know it is time to flush the membrane when there is a consistent, noticeable drop in water pressure. At minimum, it still should be flushed at least once per month even if you do not notice any drop in water pressure.
The ultrafiltration membrane (PS-1000RC) should be replaced once every 3 – 5 years, and the carbon filter with scale inhibitor (BG-20CS) should be replaced once per year.
How does the PS-2000C 2 stage well water filter system compare to other water filtration systems?
|PS-2000C Ultrafiltration Filter System||Reverse Osmosis Systems||Ozone Water Filters||UV Water Filters|
|Easy, turn-to-flush (clean) membrane?||Yes - Save time and money by not having to keep buying expensive replacement filters or membranes you can’t flush||No - When filters plug there will be a drop in water pressure. Having to buy new filters will occur more often if you have lots of contaminants in your water||No||No|
|Removes bacteria, pathogens, and other contaminants||Yes - Up to 99.9999% of bacteria||Yes||No - It kills bacteria and pathogens but doesn't remove them from the water||No - It kills bacteria and pathogens but doesn't remove them from the water|
|Environmentally friendly||Yes - Doesn't require electricity, and has no waste water||No - It wastes 3-25 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of RO water||No - Uses lots of energy||No - Uses lots of energy|
|Carbon post-filter||Yes||Depends on the system||Depends on the system||Depends on the system|
PS-2000C UF Membrane with Carbon Filter Specifications
- Flow rate: 8 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Unit Size:28″ H X 20″ W X 11″ D
- Operating pressure: Min 30 psi / Max 85 psi
- Operating temperature: Min 40°F (4.4°C) / Max 100°F (37.8°C)
- pH parameters: Min 6 / Max 10
- Plumbing connection size: 1″
- This system has 3 ports that require connection: inlet, outlet, and membrane backflush. For the flush port (membrane backflush), this system should be installed near a floor drain, or plumb for irrigation use to recycle to backflush water
- Includes two (2) Premiere 20″ jumbo filter housings, one (1) ultrafiltration membrane, one (1) carbon block scale inhibitor postfilter, one-way check valve, filter wrench, mounting bracket or floor stand stand, and lag bolts/screws. Optional flush gauge indicator (+$95)
Replacement membrane and filter for the PS-2000C is the PS-1000RC and BG-20CS.
View or Download the PS-2000C Spec Sheet
- The PS-2000C is NOT recommended for water with a high total dissolved solids (TDS) level (i.e.,over 500 ppm), or if you wish to reduce/remove TDS. The ultrafiltration process preserves healthful minerals (minerals make up TDS). If you have a TDS level above 500 ppm or wish to reduce/remove your TDS level, please keep in mind that only reverse osmosis or deionization will reduce and remove TDS in water. Read about total dissolved solids here.
- Membrane and filter cartridge life may vary according to flow rate, inlet line pressure and local water conditions which may require more frequent replacement.
- Flow rate may vary depending on water pressure, water temperature, local water conditions, and how full the membrane is.
- Since plumbing configurations can vary, you may need to supply additional parts/adaptors in order to connect this system to your plumbing.
- You may want to consider a pressure storage tank which installs on the outlet side of the system. A pressure storage tank stores clean water to flush the membrane with filtered water; without a pressure storage tank the membrane is flushed with unfiltered water which could shorten the membrane lifespan. A pressure storage tank is highly recommended if you have colloidal issues and/or high turbidity (high NTU or SDI level). A pressure storage tank is not included (we don’t sell them), and they’re available at most plumbing or well water supply stores (get a 10 or more gallon one). If you already have a pressure storage tank that you plan to use, please ensure it has previously only been used as a clean water pressure storage tank and that it is completely clean and sterilized.