Premiere Ultrafiltration + Alkaline Water Filter System
The Premiere PS-PH200 ultrafiltration + alkaline water filter system produces clean, alkaline water on demand. This system removes tiny particles as small as 0.02 micron while maintaining and adding beneficial minerals back into the water. It increases the pH to 8.5 – 10 and increases the negative oxidation reduction potential (ORP). This system alkalizes water by adding organic and natural calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium ions. The PS-PH200 removes bacteria including cysts, viruses, giardia, and cryptosporidium. It also reduces chlorine, fluoride, chemicals, and heavy metals. There is no storage tank which means it’s compact and there is no bacteria growth in the system. The PS-PH200 is completely efficient compared to reverse osmosis systems; with ultrafiltration, no water is lost to drain during purification.
Premiere Ultrafiltration + Alkaline System Features and Benefits:
- Increases pH to 8.5 – 10.
- Increases the negative oxidation reduction potential (antioxidant level). Makes water more easily absorbed into the body.
- Preserves and increases healthful minerals in drinking water. The PS-PH200 ultrafiltration system leaves healthful minerals in the water. Alkaline filter adds organic and natural calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium ions.
- No storage tank. The PS-PH200 is compact and delivers healthy water on demand (up to 1.5 GPM). More significantly, it is common for bacteria to grow inside RO storage tanks (they literally become “incubators” for bacteria) so ditching the storage tank means you’re not drinking harmful bacteria. The PS-PH200 is therefore superior to reverse osmosis + alkaline systems which requires a storage tank
- The PS-PH200’s 0.02 micron UF membrane filters out solids / particulates as small as 0.02 micron including: bacteria, protozoa, cysts, viruses, algae, dirt, mold, silt, colloidal silica, clay, iron, sand, lead particulate, and more.
- Enjoy peace of mind that the PS-PH200’s 0.02 micron membrane removes bacteria (up to 99.9999+%), viruses (up to 99.99+%), and giardia & cryptosporidium (up to 99.95+%) from your drinking water. This system provides more than a 5-log reduction of bacteria, cysts, viruses, and turbidity. In other words, bacteria, cysts, viruses, and turbidity have been reduced 100,000-fold.
- The post-filter housings contain an alkaline filter cartridge and a 0.5 micron carbon filter cartridge
- Alkaline cartridge – GAC coconut shell carbon block cartridge adds back essential and beneficial elements such as ionized calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium.
- High performance 0.50 micron carbon filter reduces volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), chlorine, chloramines, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, lead, trihalomethanes (THMs), methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), and more. 2,000 gallon capacity.
- Zero waste water during the purification process. A conventional reverse osmosis system may waste 3 – 25 gallons of water to produce one gallon of reverse osmosis water. This system is revolutionary in that is does not waste water in the production of purified water.
- Ultrafiltration system is the perfect product for California water use restrictions
- Works well at low water pressure
- Easily takes the place of outdated reverse osmosis (RO) and Ultra Violet (UV) water purification systems
- Change the water filters quickly, easily, and less often. Our high capacity filters only need to be changed after 2,000 gallons or once per year (whichever comes first). Other filters have far less capacity and need to be changed the filters twice per year which is time-consuming and costly.
- Back flushing membrane ensures longer water membrane life. When a membrane undergoes a backward flush, it’s pores are flushed inside out to clean it of contaminants. Innovative technology lets you flush (clean) the membrane whenever it gets full of contaminants. You can tell when it’s time to flush the membrane because there will be a drop in water pressure. Simply turn the valve to flush the membrane (please note that a small amount of water will be discharged while the valve is open). Membrane should be replaced every 2-3 years.
- Easy plug-in installation if replacing an existing reverse osmosis system
- Versatile filtration system – if you don’t want alkaline water any more, you can simply replace the alkaline filter with a carbon block filter.
What is ultrafiltration?
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a type of membrane filtration which removes particulates and solids on a microscopic level. A membrane barrier acts like a filter using slight pressure to separate particles like bacteria, viruses, germs, pollen, algae, and inorganic and organic molecules from the water. Read more about the differences between ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis here.
Benefits of ultrafiltration:
- Environmentally friendly technology – UF produces no wastewater and doesn’t need electricity
- Very high effectiveness at removing bacteria, protozoa, and other pathogens
- An ultrafiltration membrane lasts much longer than a conventional water filter (years versus months)
- Operates smoothly at low water pressure
What is alkaline water?
Alkaline water has a higher pH than normal drinking water – it has a pH level of about 8 or 9, whereas normal tap water is 7 (neutral). However, alkaline water is not down to pH alone. Alkaline water must also contain alkaline minerals and negative oxidation reduction potential (ORP).
Some advocates of alkaline water believe it has these health benefits:
- Neutralize the acid in your body
- Anti-aging properties
- Colon-cleansing properties
- Immune system support
- Hydration, skin health, and other detoxifying properties
- Weight loss
Premiere Ultrafiltration + Alkaline System Specifications:
- Size: 15.25″ H X 15″ W X 6″ D
- Flow rate: 1 – 1.5 gallons per minute (depends on your incoming water pressure)
- Operating pressure: 35 psi – 85 psi
- If you purchase the faucet included option you will receive the PS-PH200 system, selected drinking water faucet with installation hardware, angle stop adaptor, and drain saddle.
- If you purchase the “No faucet” option you will receive the PS-PH200 system and drain saddle only. You may need additional parts / fittings / connections to plug the provided ⅜” blue tubing into your feed water supply and the desired faucet or dispensing device.
Choice of faucet style and finish available.
The “no faucet” option includes the PS-PH200 system and drain saddle only. This option is for those who may already have a working drinking water faucet installed, or they wish to connect their system to a different type of faucet or dispensing device. Since plumbing configurations and faucets can vary, you may need to supply additional parts in order to connect the PS-PH200 to your plumbing.
The ultrafiltration membrane should be flushed on a regular basis to ensure longest membrane life. To flush the membrane, simply turn the valve and leave open for up to 15 seconds to fully flush the membrane. A small amount of water will go to drain while the valve is open.
How often you flush the membrane will depend on your water conditions and water usage. Flush the ultrafiltration membrane at least once per month; some users may find they need to flush it a few times a month, weekly, or even daily.
In general, you will know it is time to flush the membrane when there is a consistent, noticeable drop in water pressure. At minimum, it still should be flushed at least once per month even if you do not notice any drop in water pressure.
The ultrafiltration membrane (PS-PURUF-MEM) should be replaced once every 2-3 years, and the activated carbon block replacement water filters (PS-PH200-RC) should be replaced once per year, or after 2,000 gallons (whichever comes first).
Premiere PS-PH200 ultrafiltration system replacement water filters (PS-PH200-RC) are available here and the replacement membrane (PS-PURUF-MEM) is here.
Remember to replace your PS-PH200 water filters once a year, or after 2,000 gallons (whichever comes first), and replace the membrane once every 2-3 years.
The PS-PURUF-RC filter kit is also fully compatible with this system if you no longer want alkaline water.
We carry a reverse osmosis system with an alkaline post-filter available here.
- This product is NOT recommended for water with a high TDS level (over 500 ppm) or if you wish to remove all TDS. Ultrafiltration preserves healthful minerals (minerals make up TDS) and the included alkaline filter may increase TDS too. If you have a TDS level above 500 ppm or wish to remove all TDS, please keep in mind that only reverse osmosis will remove virtually all TDS in water. We carry a reverse osmosis system here.
- Taste-wise, if you want to achieve “tasteless” water that is free from minerals (i.e., how some bottled water tastes – or doesn’t taste, rather) you will want to consider reverse osmosis because ultrafiltration preserves healthful minerals which can contribute to how your water will taste. The alkaline filter cartridge adds organic and natural calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium ions which will also contribute to how the water tastes.
- The PS-PH200 is also not recommended for use with water softeners that use sodium (salt). This is because some water softeners make hard water “soft” by replacing the calcium and magnesium with sodium. These high levels of sodium break down the membrane.